Sidebar information is displayed using “widgets.” There are a wide variety of widgets within WordPress administration. Go to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Widgets to view all of the options. This post covers how to swap the standard ContentManager widgets for “Where We Meet” and “How to Reach us.”
The information displayed in both of these widgets is pulled from an existing ContentManager website database. If the club’s meeting location or a telephone number change, you’ll need to replace these standard ContentManager widgets as follows.
- Navigate to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Widgets
- Open the Primary Sidebar section on the right (use the down arrow to do this)
- Open the widget you wish to modify, i.e., to change the meeting location, open the “where we meet” widget
- Use the Delete link for the widget
- Drag a “Text” widget from the left side of the page into the Primary Sidebar section on the right
- Enter a title of “where we meet”
- Type in your club’s information
- Click the Save button
When you visit the website, the previous “where we meet” information will have been replaced by the new information.